background

Saturday, 14 January 2012

Yaaaayyyy I'm Home Sober!!!




I met my lovely friend today whom i've not seen for a good few years.  She was my Bridesmaid when i got married and is the Godmother to my children.  She moved to the other side of Manchester a few years ago when she met her partner and they had Theo but even though we stay in touch we say lets meet up but our busy lives get in the way.  She usually works weekends too which makes it harder but she had a rare day off today so we made it a must meet day.

Mel was drinking and kept saying there is no yeast in wine and no sugar, yeh right Mel! ha ha ha She drank the bottle of Rose and i drunk my Soda Water.  We had late lunch, she had Chilli Beef  Strips topped with Horseradish and a side salad.  I had a bowl of Olives again! ha ha I just didn't want to get say Fish or Chicken and find that it wasn't yeast free and as we were eating in a bar and not a restaurant the girl hadn't got a clue so i couldn't be bothered trying to explain what i can and can't have!

I'm so proud of myself for not being tempted by the delicious main dishes and the tempting wine and the fact that i resisted after not seeing my friend for years.  I'm giving myself a high five!

Going out was the worst thing about starting this diet but actually it really ain't that bad.  I enjoy not been tipsy.....ok very drunk and love the fact i will not have a terrible hangover tomorrow.

When i got to the train station i had to wait 40 minutes for my train it was 1 above freezing tonight at 6.30 pm so i'd guess we're looking at below freezing overnight.  I was sooooo cold as i had a flimsy dress a thin cardigan to cover my arms and a fur waist coat.  I had gloves on but i was still frozen stiff so i did get a coffee!  It shouldn't be an excuse really and should of bared the cold so i did feel guilty for having it but then one of my lovely readers has mentioned that it isn't too bad having one so now i don't feel to bad about it and it is only a one off i guess..

The next time i do go out and eat i'm going to ring the bar or restaurant pre hand and ask them if they could prepare me something that is good for me and that way it's planned and expected so i can eat something that doesn't make me feel like i'm missing out or i'm being unsociable.

I loved today and have really missed Mel, we reminisced about when we were younger and laughed all day about the things we've done.  I'm very lucky to have the friends i have.

I hope you've all had a good yeast free day too!

Gail xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I really love to hear your comments and thoughts

Gail x