background

Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Day 8: Onward and Upward

Good Day everyone!!

 

Bring Me Sunshine!
 and nope i'm not two today

I cannot tell you how much better i feel, i have more energy and my eyes haven't got that stinging tired feeling.  If you've read the previous post 'Zumba' you'll know that i did Zumba for the first time last night and guess what?......i feel fine!  No major aches and pains, YEEEEE HAAAWWWW!

My chest is still a little tight and I'm spluttering but this is the time of year I'd guess and to be honest i truly believe if i wasn't eating Yeast Free then I'd definitely be feeling worse.  Please bare in mind though that some people may not feel this change in one week and it may take a while longer but please DO NOT give up it's really worth it.  I'm not sure what it is to feel normal though i can only guess it feels like this and I'm only half way there so i can't wait to see how i feel say in three months time.

This morning i had a pancake and had to use powdered egg as i have no eggs left and i had this in the cupboard 'doh' i forgot to call at the Supermarket'  ugh, it wasn't good but that could just be me, so if any of you are Egg Free and use the powdered egg, please let us know how best to use it or is just plain awful?

Now my cupboards are empty i need to write a list and plan my meals for next week.  I'm going to have a go at Whitneys meal plan although i suspect I'll have to alter some meals if i can't get it here in the UK but 9 times out of 10 it's plain sailing.  I also find that in England we don't have the fantastic yeast free shopping experience you have in the US such as the ones Whitney lists and these places sadly do not ship to the UK.  I need to do some more research on the Internet me thinks.  I think this is one of the reasons people give up and also 1. Meal planning, this is very important and I'm guilty of not doing it too. When you come in from work the last thing you want to do is start to cook from scratch.  I'm used to it i guess due to the diet restrictions in our house anyway but if you're just getting used it, it can be tough but please do not give up it gets easier. 2. Finding foods to buy such as yeast free bread, pizza bases etc but this is why the recipe book that The Yeast Diet has is fantastic.

My swollen eyes that looked like i had been crying for a week have now also gone down and back to normal but i still can't say if this was yeast overload or an allergic reaction to my mascara.  I survived work without make-up and i didn't get fired for scaring clients or staff for that matter.  The funny thing was though my colleagues asked 'what's different about you today'? Have you washed your Hair!!! MY HAIR!!!???  What's wrong with my hair, does it always look like it needs a wash!? Paranoia has now set in?!  I'm so vain you can't say that to me! I am going to book an appointment at the Hairdresser, to cut my hair not to wash it like...hahaha i'm vain but not that vain so i'm only joking i'll give the hair a rest til the end of the month and today i have my make-up back on with a new mascara so my hair should look better, ha ha ha

Well Day 8 already!!!  How fast has that gone! Off i go to work, walking in the rain!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Gail, Thank you for sharing your journey! Everyday for the last week or more I've woken up with plans of starting the yeast free diet again but by noon I've failed. I did the diet last spring and was symptom free for the whole summer! It was wonderful. So I know it'll be worth it but the cravings and genetic (yup, blaming it on Dad) lack of will-power are killing me. Tomorrow is a new day and reading your blog is giving me incentive! I have Whitney's cookbook and need to start using it. I hate to cook and I don't like many veggies and could care less about meat (Just give me my bread and chocolate!) so eating right is darn near impossible for me but come hell or high water I've got to do it cause I feel horrendous! The itchy, blotchy skin and scalp, the fatigue and fogginess... I can't take it any more! It's encouraging to read your results! Here's to feeling better inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daphne

    Thank you so much for commenting. Yeast Free can be the hardest diet plan in the world if you let it and that's been my mistake. I started this blog because of it to encourage you and the others that read it and to me a reason to keep on track. I honestly have to say that planning is the key and organising your meal plans. The craving for chocolate will go away after about a week. I hate cooking also but have to as i have children and as i've said in my blog my daughter is coeliac so i've had to learn how to cook and from scratch. I'm really enjoying this though as i'm cooking new meals and it's an education in a different style of cooking and i think that's the key to be honest. Have a go Daphne and see if the hate for cooking becomes a love for it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Good Luck and Happy Yeast Free! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to say that the boredom with cooking is sometimes i think why we give up, new meals can make you really look forward to it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daphne, the other thing also is keep thinking about how you felt last summer when you feel like giving up!! It will be worth it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gail! I've been on the diet for 3 days now... feel like crap but I expect that. To help with the die off symptoms my naturopath recommended activated charcoal which binds the toxins in your gut before they have a chance to poison your system and helps you pass them right out. It's helping a lot! I also asked her about coffee as that is one of my weaknesses and having run a coffee roasting facility for many years I couldn't figure out what on earth would cause coffee to be on the "no no" list. The roasting process eliminates any fungi that could possibly be on the beans. She said if caffeine doesn't affect me and I don't use dairy or sugar in it then it's fine. For some the caffeine can cause the adrenals to go into hyperdrive and that, through some chain of bio-chemistry events can cause a yeast bloom. I use almond milk and stevia in my coffee and could drink decaf if necessary. Might be helpful to know for other readers. :)

    I still hate cooking... and I'm single so going through all that effort to make a meal for just me is really not worth it but I'm working with my self-adapted version of Whiteny's meal plan so I can utilize left-overs (another thing I've never liked - yesterday's scraps!) and cook less. I'm diabetic and already my blood sugars are coming down and I'm requiring less insulin which is fantastic! I'm going to do this! I lost 30 pounds last spring when I did the diet the first time. The desire to lose a few more plus feel better is winning! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Daphne, thank you! That's great info on activated charcoal. In the US you all seem to have Doctors etc that know all about yeast in England or at my surgery they look at you like you're an Alien and basically poohoo the idea that yeast is causing any problems so it's great to be able to get information on the net and from others like yourself. I'm learning more everyday which is fab. I had a coffee whilst waiting for the train and i felt guilty about it but now reading your info i don't feel too bad. I couldn't help it was 1 above freezing and waiting 45 minutes in a train station i was nearly frozen stiff! I'll write about it later. I'm so glad your desire to win is still there! My weigh in is tomorrow too, so fingers crossed and well done!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I really love to hear your comments and thoughts

Gail x