I've woke this morning with the good intention of starting the meal planner i got from the recipe book at www.theyeastdiet.com . As you will know I've been doing it myself for the last week or so as i was trying to use up all the food in my cupboards as best i could around being yeast free. In an earlier post i showed you my shopping list and all the foods i have now stocked up on. Being on a budget at the present time i have to be careful not to over spend but use my food shopping money wisely so that i incorporate lots of veg and fruit for my children as well as Gluten Free products for my Daughter which can be quite costly. To my surprise my food bill didn't come in anymore expensive that it would usually, in fact it was slightly cheaper. My total food bill this week came in at £68.00 (i would normally spend between £75.00 - £100.00) which is about $104.00 dollars for those of you in the US. That's a very good shop in the UK for a family of 3/4. Food is extortionate here at the moment, especially meat so I'm relieved it's not going to cost me anymore than usual. I can't buy different food items for meals and cook a different meal for each of us we all have to eat the same and I'm very strict about that with my children but they're keen to try different meal idea's which is good. In fact they still think i have a hidden Chef lurking around in a cupboard somewhere as they're loving the new recipes!
I have also now found my USB cable to my camera!! YEEEHHHAAWWW! So i can start to re post some pics of my culinary delights! hee hee I wished I'd taken one of the Chicken Pot Pie i did now last night, it really was delicious!
I'm feeling less grumpy today and irritable but still tired but like most of us I'm not sure if that's normal or not as I've been tired everyday of my life since the age of 12 i think! I've also been sticking my tongue out to myself in the mirror to see if the white film on my tongue has completely gone and that looks to have returned :( What am i doing wrong :( Maybe it is just the weekends mishap over coffee and perhaps the vinegar dressing that could of been on the Olives, who knows or it's been there I've just not noticed it as much and thought it was disappearing. OOOHHHH, i dunno...
I definitely will not be eating anything yeasty by following the meal plan so that's a bonus.
On my food list you will notice i bought a piece of Gammon/Ham but when i looked at it this morning i noticed it had all sorts of rubbish in it! Citric Acid, E numbers, Sugar, Nitrates etc, what the hell happened! Well it was pre-packed i hadn't chosen it it had been sent as a replacement for the Gammon i had ordered (online shopping and delivery). I forgot to say i didn't want any substitutes but had forgotten to check this at checkout. This though has actually it's made me think, I have a fabulous little Farm Shop Butchers near where i live and i keep saying I'm going to call and buy my meat, chicken etc from him as it's not pre-packed it's fresh and organic! I may pay a little more for it but i think it's worth it to know I'm eating good food instead of pre-packed rubbish! I hate throwing food away and this stems from my Dad when me and my Sisters were little, we weren't allowed to leave the table until we'd eaten all our dinner up as the little children in Africa would love to eat what we were eating my Dad would say. Whilst this may have been true and perhaps made us have a conscience about waste, it also gave me the bloody fluctuating weight problem i have as i can't leave anything on a plate as it's wasting good food! THANKS DAD! ha ha ha
Today so far I've eaten
Breakfast
Scrambled Eggs & Pancake
Lunch
Salad of Turkey, Tomato, Lettuce
Snack
Rice Cakes with Almond Butter instead of the Veggie Sticks and Almond Butter in the plan
For Dinner I'm having
Pepper Steak over Rice and Green Beans
I can't wait for my Dinner!
I've not been hungry from breakfast at 6.30 am up until 10.45am when i had the rice cake and almond butter which is really good. I know that eggs are a slow release energy anyway so are always a good option at breakfast.
I didn't have the Veggie Drink either with breakfast as it's not something i could bring myself to drink but for those of you that can stomach something like this it's a great source of nutrition.
Happy Yeast Free Monday everyone!
Gail x
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I really love to hear your comments and thoughts
Gail x