background

Saturday, 14 January 2012

DAY 11

Well Hellooooo

Today is the first day of my meal planner that i got with The Yeast Diet recipe book, i know keep gushing about this book but i really love it, i really do feel like I'm not illuminating anything from my diet i feel like I'm just eating healthier.  It really is a fabulous resource and it cost me about $17.00 which is roughly about £10.00 i think but with that you also get a Crock Pot recipe book too which is fab for using when you're out at work.

This morning I've woken up a little heavy headed and catarrhy and my eyes a stingy and heavy, i can only put it down to those bloody Pistachio nuts!  I'm so angry with myself for not checking first as it's fairly obvious and as I'm on The Yeast Diets Facebook page i asked the question as to whether they're good to eat and as i expected they're not as the shell can hold fungi, der obvious Gail!!  It's so frustrating but I'm not going to beat myself up about it it's another lesson learnt, negative thinking is not good for anyone so it's positive thinking all the way for me.

I got up and fancied some bread (yeast is alive, pistachio blighters) so i made some more of the corn bread i did last week.  It's fab and so adaptable, you would even be able to use it as a Pizza base I'm sure so one day I'm going to try it

This time i put in some onion and tomato, the tomato gave it moistness which gave me the idea to use it as a pizza base.  You could even put all your ingredients into the mixture and have some kind of inside out pizza, maybe sprinkling some Vegetarian Mozzarella on top with garlic and parsley?

Anyway i did take some photographs but as I've not found that dastardly lead to my phone i cannot show you! So I'll have to try and get hold of one as i really want to show you the outcome, the bread looks delish.

I'm also meeting one of my oldest friends today in the City of Manchester and we've not seen each other for 2/3 years so there will be lots of chatter and catching up.  Today i really wish i could share a bottle of wine with her and i think this will be a challenge but i am going with the mind set that i really do not want to drink so i know i won't.  To be honest it's not the drinking that's worrying me it's the eating out.  I have no idea what i'm going to eat!  I'll have to try for a Chicken Salad with no dressing and no coating on the chicken OR another bowl of Olives! ha ha

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!

Gail x




2 comments:

  1. Pistachios and peanuts... bad, bad, bad. I hadn't heard of cashews being bad (from your previous blog post) but they are very high in fat which will raise blood glucose levels. Glucose = sugar = bad! Sigh....

    I've been making GF popovers... they are a fantastic substitute for bread and I love them in the morning with almond butter. I stumbled upon millet flour yesterday and made the latest batch with it... they are divine!

    Whitney's cornbread is fantastic too and so adaptable!

    Hope you had a wonderful day out! Yes, I always go for salad when I eat out... or broiled seafood or grilled chicken... many places will prepare it just with olive oil and seasonings if you ask. I should think most restaurants would be quite used to adapting their menu selections for dietary restrictions these days as so many people have them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daphne

    thank you!! On Whitney's page she also says that Cashews are ok but and i've eaten them without any effect on me so i guess they'r ok but somewhere on the net it said to leave cashews out and pistachio so i was confused. I guess it's a matter of trying them and seeing how they effect the individual. I had a lovely day too thank you but ended up eating Olives again! ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I really love to hear your comments and thoughts

Gail x