background

Sunday, 8 January 2012

DAY 6: Super Garlic Me!!

O-M-G!! I really really do wreak of garlic i can taste it!! I've had it in everything but eeewww it does taste good.  I'm not sure that my work colleagues will think the same today though but garlic has healing properties did you know...infact that's my defence, garlic may stink your breath out but it is healing me! ha ha

Last night i had a really good nights sleep and actually went to bed around 11pm instead of my usual 10pm due to tiredness.  I was tired yesterday but no where near what i usually am.  Today i've woke and rose out of bed so much easier than usual and i'm not groggy.  The brain fog is lifting and i'm feeling much much better.

My eyes are still driving me mad.  Remember i said i had red swollen eyes slightly on my eye lids and i wasn't sure if it was yeast or my mascara.  I've got a new mascara and they're still red and really itchy, so no make-up i guess for a while to see......ladies i can hear your screams from here!!!  I know, I know DISASTER strikes...da dan da daaaaaaa  NO FREAKING MAKE-UP!!!  What the hell am i going to do?  My work colleagues will think they have a new girl, maybe i'll be fired by lunchtime for scaring clients! ha ha ha

I made some of Whitney's Onion Corn Bread yesterday and it was delicious, really really good. I was quite surprised as for years i've tried to bake yeast free bread and it's really bland or just awful.  I really enjoyed this  recipe it was great and really quick and easy and as i have NO concentration span at all or patience then it's a very welcomed recipe in my book.  My children loved it too but bare in mind that my daughter is Coeliac and ate most of it and asked me to make her more, so i did.  This time i made the Corn Bread with Basil and Garlic and it was delicious! (hence the reason i stink).  A few hours later she said 'Mum, is corn meal gluten free, i have stomach ache?  'yes it is Isobel' To my horror when i looked at the pack (which i generally always do) it had traces of gluten in!!!!!!! I've made my daughter ill !!!!  Poor Izzy i felt so bad :(  It's obviously been contaminated in the factory.
This isn't the one i bought and as i said Corn Meal is Gluten Free i guess it depends on the factory it's made in.  I bought mine in Asda so i think i need to buy it from a Health Food shop so i don't make my poor Daughter poorly again :(
Anyway did the garlic stop me eating it for Breakfast...er NO!  I want to smell as bad as i can, ha ha so i had some more of the Garlic and Basil that i made.  I may stink but it tastes delicious and i cooked it! YAAAAYYYYYY!!!!

Alcohol

The biggest challenge most people face on this diet is the alcohol challenge, it really is a struggle especially if you socialise a lot, I'm not going to start preaching as I'm someone that likes a glass of wine or two and yes i do binge drink i guess when i go out with the girls but maybe now is the time for us all to actually sit back and think about our alcohol consumption. I know a few people that have a problem with alcohol but they deny it or just like to drink so much that they do not want to give it up and the thought of going out on a night out without it just fills them with horror.  I admit it's not easy to give up alcohol socially but it has to get to a point where it just doesn't bother you such as not needing a drink to walk into a bar, not needing a drink to get the confidence to dance.   I'm not an alcoholic but in my eyes if someone cannot go out and enjoy themselves without alcohol then yes they probably do have a problem big or small, socially or physically or do we all who drink have the same problem in the fact you are deemed a social Leper if you are sober.  I'm not bigging myself up because I've been out this weekend without alcohol, i have done it before and of course if I'm with my children and we're out for something to eat then i drive, so i wouldn't dream of having any alcohol but next weekend a few of my friends who i'm meeting for a night out are saying 'i hope you are going to be drinking when we're out'?  NO I'm not and why on earth should it matter, I'm still quite capable of talking, dancing and laughing whilst sober for Gods Sake!  Yes it will be strange and if i'm really honest it will take a lot of guts to get up dancing when you think everyone is staring at the 43 year old who should be at home in bed as it's far too late for her to be out.  But where is their support i ask myself?  Surely they should be saying 'well done, keep it up, you're doing well'.  Of course i started this diet not to stop drinking but to feel better and that is the main reason and on this diet if you are going to drink alcohol then there really is no point in starting, so sit down and think about these points.

  • Do you want to get your life back without feeling ill?
  • Do you want to feel happy and not depressed or irritable all the time?
  • Are you willing to change you're life style?
  • Are you committed to a new you?
  • Are you strong enough to say NO!?
Of course we're all different and I'm not asking you to stop going out or to get rid of your lovely friends as in time you may be able to have that glass of wine or the odd night out with alcohol I'm sure but for the beginning at least you shouldn't and for some of you including me that have a major yeast overload then it will be a lot longer before we can tolerate alcohol so GOOD LUCK on your quest for a healthy Yeast Free YOU!!!

Gail xx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I really love to hear your comments and thoughts

Gail x