background

Tuesday, 17 January 2012

DAY 14 Back On The Right Track

Today i walked to work as usual but it was -3 and freeeeezzzzinnnngggg!  I put on my fur lined Parka, boots, sheepskin (faux) gloves and my Russian Trapper Hat and put my headphones in listening to tunes from the 70s and off i went.  I got in work with a red nose and cheeks but i felt energised and ready to go!

I'm starting to feel much better again, the tiredness is much better which is great.  I'm feeling more positive about being yeast free and actually enjoying it, long may it continue.

Last night i watched a TV programme called 'one year to save my life' it was about a women who was married with children, she was 38 and 32 stone which is 448 lbs.  She lost 9st in a year through healthy eating and exercise which was done on the Farm in which she lived.  She was so big that her 12 year old Daughter had to wash the back of her knees under the rolls of fat.  Whilst all this sounds rather shocking i believe that obesity is a disease on the opposite scale to Anorexia, i know this may be a little controvercial but it's just my thoughts.  All the way through i couldn't help thinking that this woman has a 'yeast overload' problem.  She had sores that looked like yeast infections on the back of her legs and all she kept saying is 'i crave sugar all the time'. Whilst these two things could be related to bad habits and obesity she also kept saying she was addicted to food. I'd say i'm addicted to food like most of us who fluctuate with weight and the reason why  i believe this is the yeast overload in my body has tells my brain it needs sugar to keep it alive and this is the reason i binge on everything bad for me.  Once i stop and start a yeast free diet, within a week i stop these cravings and i believe this is because the yeast is dying off.  I wanted to scream at the TV just try a   Yeast Free diet!!!  About 7 years ago i stopped smoking, it's the best thing i've ever done other than having my beautiful children but for about 5 years i piled the weight on and this was due to me compensating cigarettes for food.  After 12 months the craving for cigarettes had stopped but the habit of eating  food hadn't and i piled 3 stone on!  Enough was enough and i went along to Weight Watchers.  It took me about 9 months to lose the weight but i felt fantastic and vowed I'd never put it back on but sure enough my body craved sweet things and although i could have these on WW i wasn't going to meetings.  To be honest WW meetings make me cringe but it worked for me at the time as i was determined to lose the weight and going to the meeting and being weighed filled me with dread at the thought of putting weight on, so i stuck to the points system.  Slowly a stone of it crept back on and i had no idea how, i just knew it got there quickly! I had to pull it in quickly.  Following WW again at home I lost half a stone (7lbs) and kept it off but i struggled to lose that other half.  I fluctuated from half a stone over my goal to a stone over my goal right up until the end of November this year where i just lost all the will in the world due to my marriage breaking down i guess.  I use food as a comfort and this is where i go wrong.  I know that if i stopped eating yeast i would never have to worry about weight as I'd have the energy to exercise and wouldn't crave the foods that are high in calories and i wouldn't binge.  This is why my quest to be yeast free has begun.


I don't know if this woman on the programme i watched has got a yeast problem but i believe that most people over weight would benefit in lots ways in challenging themselves to being yeast free.

As i always say I'm not a Doctor or an expert and i even after all these years on and off the yeast free diet have lots to learn and educate myself about yeast free so this is just my beliefs and it's not a fact.


In the last 14 days i have stuck to the diet in every way i know other than silly mistakes I've made i.e. Pistachios and perhaps vinegar on the Olives.  The only slip i 've consciously had was the coffee that i won't touch again for a long time.

****************************************************************************

Well Tuesday night is Zumba night so I'm just about ready to go and shake my toosh again for the second time....off Gail goes shimming  her shoulders as she walks...

Catch you all later

Happy Yeast Free Tuesday!!

Gail xx

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about obesity and yeast overload... they've GOT to go hand in hand... just think of all the "bad" things obese people have eaten to get that way!

    As long as people listen to their medical doctors who typically don't recognize yeast overload as a real problem (my doctor said they aren't taught about it in med school... it's not that some doctor's just don't agree with it... they don't even KNOW about it!) there are going to be so many people who needlessly suffer.

    If only there were some way to really build awareness about Yeast Overgrowth.

    Congrats on your weight loss thus far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Daphne, I said weight loss wasn't the reason i'm doing the yeast free diet but now i find myself hoping to have lost some at the end of the week!

    I wish too that there could be some awareness too and maybe one day there will be. I listen to the girls at work who like me fluctuate with weight but when i tell them why i'm cutting out yeast their in their own way they poo hoo the facts. I guess this is why it's hard to bring awareness AND the fact that you have to have a fairly strong willpower to give up those foods you love i guess. The main thing is people just do not know where to start and that's why i've found the recipe book on The Yeast Diet a really good boost for me. I agree with the Doctor thing, it's the same problem had when my Daughter was ill for years with typical signs of Coeliac, her Gran and Dad had it and the Doctor still wouldn't listen. I was a neurotic Mum :(

    I hope things are going good for you, have a happy yeast free day!!

    Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this with us Gail! I love it when I reach the point in the diet when I can look at a plate full of desserts and not crave it because I am so used to not having sugar.

    Your updates are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Whitney, i'm really finding inspiration from blogging and helping others too and that's helping me! It's a great feeling to be able to pass on those scrummy desserts that i'd be usually dribbling over! ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I really love to hear your comments and thoughts

Gail x