Today i feel much better. I can honestly say in all the years i'm on and off this diet i've never felt so bad well not that i can remember and thank God it only lasted a day! I'm still not sure to be honest though if it was a die off as i have never felt that bad. I may get a dull headache for 3 days or feel a little head fog and cravings but nothing as bad as yesterday. I think perhaps it was coincidence as what i felt like yesterday was how i feel when i have the Flu like symptoms and i'm in bed for a week. So maybe i was about to feel this way again but as i'd started the diet a few days before i'm feeling not so bad today. Am i making sense!? I write as i speak! Blumming awful and not grammatically correct!
Anyway today i have the usual
- Coating on my tongue
- Foggy head (can't speak in a correct sentence and people look at me like i'm stupid)! Embarrassing!
- Tired but no way near the same as yesterday
- memory loss but this happens when i'm not yeast free
- Aching in my back but nothing as bad as yesterday
- Skin is tight, dry and blotchy (oh the joys)
- Some said i look really tired (thanks)
- I have noticed the lids of my eyes are slightly dry and itchy but not sure if this is my Mascara
I've actually left some of my lunch today (salad) as i'm not that hungry! Yaaayyyy the cravings are waring off!
My biggest challenge will be this weekend as i love a glass of wine...well ok maybe a few more but i will be abstaining from any kind of alcohol for as long as possible. I'd love to never drink again but i'm taking one day at a time, OH dear i sound like an Alcoholic! I'm not i promise.
If you're reading this and would like to comment please do so i'd love to know your story.
Gail x
Hi there, just wanted you to know that I have been following your journey since day 1 so you are not talking into the air!
ReplyDeleteI am doing a modified diet right now. Supposed to be no fermented things and no white flours but most fruit are OK. Ive been doing it for a few days and did see a resolving of the vag yeast infection that I was getting (Overdose of holiday goodies!). It is hard not to have vinegar or soy sauce though so tonight I cheated with the beef and broccoli that I made. Used soy sauce and some mirin and some rice vinegar. Almost immediately I felt the effects of the yeast infection. :( so I guess I will try harder to follow the rules! Cari in USA
Hey Cari
ReplyDeletethank you for my first comment!! It's so good to hear from someone who is also trying to cut foods out of their diet. I've done yeast free for years on and off and i know how difficult it is but keep going. You will come across challenges like you've had tonight at first and in my experience you learn from them quickly as you have done with the symptoms coming back immediately and i know this all too well as i go on and off the plan. I am going to try to stick to Yeast Free for 12 months to see how i go and this is the reason i wanted to blog about it to help others and to keep me on track but one day at a time.
Good Luck Cari with your modified diet, i'd love to know how you get on.
Gail x