background

Sunday, 5 February 2012

Well the Snow finally came....

This weekend we were predicted snow and boy did we get it.  All day yesterday it snowed and snowed so we got about 6 inches of the fluffy stuff.  I got caught in it whilst out in afternoon and had a scary experience in the car.  I slid right across the road and into on coming traffic! Luckily i managed to drive into the skid and stopped  hitting anyone! 'phew'!!!  In England the whole blumming country comes to a stand still when it snows it's ridiculous and for an Island that is near Iceland, surely we should be used to the icy cold weather!?  Nope it's like being in the 70s still.  Most of us don't have snow wheels on cars and everyone gets stuck in the road unless you have a 4 x 4 and i don't! I have the use of a  BMW one series at the weekends and it is pathetic in a dusting of the stuff so i have no chance in 6 inches!  I had to go out to help my friend who got stuck on the lane and who had to abandon her car at the bottom of it as it wouldn't move! Happy Days...

On the other hand all of the children have been on the Golf Course which faces our house with their sledges and have had a great time.  It's usually so quiet here so it's lovely to hear them all laughing and having fun.

Here's a few pics

I am so lucky to live on the edges of a National Park and this is just a stride over the lane for me







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I really love to hear your comments and thoughts

Gail x